WattStopper��_s WPIR Sensor is a versatile ceiling mount sensor that utilizes the latest passive infrared (PIR) technology to turn lights on and off based on occupancy. The WPIR controls lighting in a wide variety of applications, but is especially adept at controlling small spaces with well-defined coverage.
The WPIR Ceiling Sensor utilizes the latest PIR technology to detect the difference between the infrared energy from a person in motion and the background space within the controlled area.
When occupancy is detected, this 24 VDC sensor turns lighting or HVAC systems on through a WattStopper power pack controlled through low voltage wiring. When occupants leave the area, lighting is switched off after the user-adjustable time delay has elapsed.
The WPIR is equipped with a multi-element Fresnel lens that allows the sensor to efficiently collect infrared energy and provides optical gain over a defined field of view. The profile of each groove facet is determined by computer simulation to produce the sharpest images possible from a distant object. The use of a 30-segment lens allows overlapping coverage within the defined field of view. The coverage is partially determined by the view available to the sensor. Mounted to a wall, the WPIR will produce a completely different viewing pattern. Zone 4 and 5 (see diagram on back) are then capable of sensing up to 45 feet.
The WPIR can effectively cover small offices, utility areas or computer rooms. Additional applications include racquetball courts, garage areas, library aisleways and storage rooms.
- ASIC technology enhances reliability and
provides immunity to RFI and EMI
- Uses the latest PIR technology to reliably
control lighting in a variety of applications
- User-adjustable time delay of 30 seconds to 30 minutes
- Incorporated daylight filter prevents shortwavelength infrared waves, such as those emitted by the sun, from affecting WPIR
- Multi-element Fresnel lens allows the sensor to efficiently collect infrared energy and provide optical gain over a defined field of view
- Alternate viewing patterns depending on
- Optional on override through logic key/on
- LED indicates occupancy detection
- Qualifies for ARRA-funded public works projects