When choosing lighting for high bay ceilings, efficiency is important. Since the light will be operating from a higher range, the lighting needs to be maximized for optimal illumination. With the smart design of UFO LED high bay light products, the design is part of the efficiency. Created with a fin style to help transfer thermal properties more evenly, these fixtures allow for illumination that is widespread and powerful.
Our Range of UFO LED High Bay Options
We offer a range of options for those looking for the powerful performance of LED high bay lighting. Choose from top names in the lighting industry such as WareLight, MaxLite, Morris, and others for trusted quality of the highest standards. In fact, most models are offered with a lengthy manufacturer warranties of 5, 7 and 10 years to ensure the life of the fixture. We offer these lights in a variety of reflector and non reflector options, color option of both reflector and fixture and styles choices to accommodate any look or preference. Choose from a range of differing specifications including your choice of watts from a gentle 78 watts to a powerful 220 watts, as well as voltage ranging from 120-277 and also 480v depending on your needs. With these LED models, you get up to 100,000 hours of bright illumination with a light fixture designed to consume less energy than the older metal halide fixtures these should replace one to one. LED lights also require practically no warm up time so these lights are always ready to go. These factors combined with the lower operating temperatures, and the UFO design, can make a big difference in the costs of utilities for your warehouse or industrial setting. They are also wet/damp listed making them less susceptible to water damage for a long-lasting fixture of great value. They are also made with durable materials, such as aluminum housings and poly-carbonate lenses, to aid in their longevity. Add one of these reliable solutions to your high bay ceiling today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are UFO high bay lights?
High-bay lights are used to illuminate spaces with high ceilings. That usually means ceilings ranging from 20 feet to approximately 45 feet. Low-bay lights, on the other hand, are used for ceilings 20 feet and under. Because a high-ceiling location has more space to fill, a high-bay, by definition, is a powerful light source that can brighten up a large area. The term UFO comes from the round shape of this style of high bay light.
Where are UFO high bay lights used?
Given their placement, UFO high-bay lights are natural fits for commercial and industrial uses. They have multiple applications across a range of industries, including workshops, factories and assembly lines. You will also see high-bay lights in large recreational facilities and gyms. These lights are excellent for illuminating storage facilities and warehouses as well. They can be used for large conference halls, event centers, or indeed for any place that needs lighting from an elevation of more than 20 feet. They are even used in hangars and other large, cavernous buildings.
What are the different types of UFO High Bay Lights?
Numerous types of fixtures can be used when setting up high-bay lights. These include LED lights, induction lights, metal halide lights, and fluorescent lights. Each of these types of high-bay fixtures has its pros and cons. For instance, LED lights offer extremely long life and energy efficiency but require a bigger initial investment, while traditional incandescent lights are less expensive to purchase initially but don’t last as long and use more energy.
Besides having different costs and efficiencies, there are several types of fixtures available for high-bay lights. Round high-bay lights (UFO’s), linear high-bays, architectural high-bays and grid-mount high-bays all offer different light qualities and coverage styles. The type of light best for you can depend on your personal taste as well as what tasks you’ll be performing under it.
What are the benefits of UFO LED High Bays?
One of the benefits of high-bay lighting is that it provides clear, uniform lighting of what’s below it with little glare. Different kinds of reflectors can accomplish different kinds of illumination tasks for high-bay lights. Aluminum reflectors make light from the fixtures flow directly downward to the floor, while acrylic reflectors create a more diffused lighting useful for illuminating shelves and other elevated objects in a space.
- Longer lasting lamps. LED lamps last up to 10 years depending on the model.
- Low to no heat produced. The energy-efficient nature means no heat is lost during production, so the lamp stays cool to the touch.
- Change bulbs less frequently. This is especially useful in a professional setting where you need long lasting lamps, so your staff can focus on the job.
- Offers a better return on wattages consumed to lumens produced. This will help you save on utility costs over time.
How Do I select which UFO High Bay should be Used?
When figuring out what type of fixtures you will need a few rule of thumbs should make your choices easier.
- First how high will you be mounting your led fixtures.
- Second, what your lighting has a lot to do with what light you will need. I.e. ( factory, warehouse, production area, aisles ways)
- Third, how much lighting automation would you like. Examples of this are, would you like your lighting fixtures to turn off on their own by sensors or are you fine with turning them on and off at night everyday. These can have dramatic energy saving by picking the automation route.
- Fourth, how are you going to wire your lighting fixtures. There are a couple of options here first is hard wire and the second is with a cord and plug. In both these wiring the easy of installing these lights is very evident.
- Fifth, how do you plan to mount your UFO fixtures. The great thing about a these lights is you can use a hook option to hang the fixture in the place where older traditional lights were. This allows for a quick easy replacement of the older lighting technologies.
- Lumen output vs watt output of these lights can range quite a bit from brand to brand. Make sure to pay close attention to lumens per watt on the lights your are looking at purchasing they can very a lot and should be a huge deciding factor.
- Spread of light and optics play a big role in the distribution of light along the surface of the area you are illumination as well.
- Be very cautious of inferior products with sub-par components used in lighting fixtures as well. Some of the problems with bad components can cause premature wear and flickering lights.
At Warehouse-Lighting.com, we are honored to be your destination for all your lighting needs. We offer a wide selection of the best brands on the market. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have while shopping with us.