WattStopper��_s CI-12 ceiling mount passive infrared occupancy sensors reduce energy waste in unoccupied building spaces by communicating occupancy to EMS and HVAC systems.
The CI-12 occupancy sensors integrate with building control systems via an internal isolated relay. The isolated relay has normally open and normally closed outputs and is rated for 1 Amp at 24 VAC/VDC. The CI-12 connects directly to 12 VDC building control systems. Power pack use is not necessary. When occupancy is detected, the sensor signals a building control system that then either turns devices on, such as heating or air conditioning, or increases their levels. Likewise, when the controlled area is vacated, the building control system will reduce airflow and fan speed or turn devices off.
Coverage for the sensors can reach up to 1200 square feet using the Extended Range lens and 500 square feet using the High Density lens (circular pattern) for walking motion. For typical desktop level activity, coverage can reach up to 300 square feet.
The CI-12 offers an easy way to reduce energy consumption in a large variety of building spaces. By working directly with a Building Automation System, the cost of purchasing power packs and the cost of labor for power pack installation is eliminated. Furthermore, the sensors��_ low unit cost and reduction in energy consumption result in fast paybacks.
- ASIC technology reduces components and enhances reliability
- Pulse Count Processing eliminates false offs without reducing sensitivity
- Detection Signature Analysis eliminates false triggers; provides immunity to RFI and EMI
- Digital time delay adjustment from 30 seconds to 30 minutes
- Two levels of sensitivity (minimum or maximum) are selectable through the DIP switch
- Multi-level Fresnel lens for superior desktop detection
- LED indicates occupancy detection
- Qualifies for ARRA-funded public works projects