When working at a construction site, safety is one of the most important elements. Lighting plays a role in overall safety, especially at dusk or night when visibility is greatly reduced. When you need the best lighting for construction sites, there are a few things you should know. Not all lights are created for this rugged environment and some will certainly fare better than others. Here are a few tips to help you find the best lighting for construction sites.
There are several types of lighting used in construction lighting.
• Portable Light Plant Towers
This is a type of lighting that uses several lights mounted to a mast arm. It allows for lighting to be adjustable to varying heights and different positions, as needed. They can be attached to a vehicle or trailer to help with mobility on the site. For this type of lighting, placement is key. Never aim it at roadways with traffic since it will cause a glare to drivers. You should also make sure the fixture is aimed downward to get the best light distribution.
• Balloon Lighting
Similar to light plant towers, balloon lighting is a large single luminaire that offers light to a widespread area. It offers lower instances of glare and the illumination is evenly distributed. This type of light can be attached to a piece of equipment or as part of a portable light tower.
• Roadway Luminaires
These are often mounted on temporary poles and have a hard-wired electrical system. These are usually installed by a lighting professional since the process is more complicated.
Factors to Consider
When choosing the best lighting for construction sites, the type will be the first thing you consider with other factors following. Here are a few thigs to consider.
• Portable lighting come in a variety of options. Don’t feel like you have to stick with one option for all sites. Sometimes a new site will require different lighting than the last site. With portable options, you can get something as small and lightweight as a single lamp flood light to something with 360-degree illumination for up to 100 feet.
• LEDs are the best option for construction sites. They are incredibly high-performing in terms of lumen output to energy consumption. They also operate at much lower temperatures than comparative fluorescents or metal halide options which may lead to burns at the worst or increased heat in the workplace at best.
• Check your ratings. It is important that you choose lighting that is manufactured to withstand rough and rugged environments. With this in mind, you should check your construction lighting for ratings such as NEMA, IP, and UL, to ensure it can hold up to the elements. Choose options that are waterproof, vapor tight, dustproof, and shatterproof, to make sure they will last without taking on damage.
• Shop for quality. You want lighting solutions that are well-gasketed with strong materials, lenses with shatterproof polycarbonate or caged designs for added protection, and strong metal or reinforced plastics, and other signifiers of quality manufacturing.You May Also Like...
Temporary Work Light Stringer with Integrated LED Lights, 50 or 100 Ft, 15 Amp, 5000K
"The Quasar" LED Shoebox Floodlight, 100 watt, 12500 Lumens, 120-277V, 5000K, Bronze Finish
"The Quasar" G2 LED Shoebox Floodlight, 100 Watt, 12500 Lumens, 120-277V, 4000K, Bronze Finish
Condor G2 Premium LED High Bay, 90 watt, 11790 Lumens, 5000K, Comparable to 4 lamp T5, 6 Lamp 32W T8 or 250 watt HID
Shop for all your temporary construction lighting needs with portable work lights at Warehouse-Lighting.com. From string lights to flood lights we have all the construction lights you might need. Buy temporary lighting solutions that are portable and perfect for your next job from Warehouse Lighting today.View (21) Products
Order high bay LED lights and industrial light fixtures from Warehouse Lighting. LED high bay lights can illuminate your commercial warehouse, shop, or storefront while providing safety, value, and energy efficiency for large spaces. Buy LED high bay lighting at unbeatable prices and start saving today!View (142) Products
Gun Range Lighting
Every location has its own lighting requirements. A gun rage is a location where lighting is absolutely critical. Each area of the range has different needs in terms of illumination solutions. Here...Read Article
Military Base Lighting
With covert operations, and classified missions, lighting for military bases varies depending on the area. Read on for lighting tips.Read Article
Mining Operations Lighting
Every location has its own unique lighting needs. When it comes to lighting for mining operations, there are special conditions which make it especially unique. While there are plenty of options on...Read Article
High Bay Vapor Tight T5/T8 Lighting Fixtures
When it comes to finding the right lighting solution, you should first consider if it is an indoor or outdoor area. The area will always determine the lighting solution options. With our h...Watch Video
LED Flood Lights
Watch our LED Flood Lights Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or the retr...Watch Video
LED Shoebox Lights
Watch our LED Shoebox Light Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or the ...Watch Video