Updating lighting fixtures is essential to keeping up with modern lighting technology trends in both appearance and performance. When looking for a way to change out older, non-energy efficient fluorescent lights and light fixtures into an energy conserving LED, the use of LED retrofit kits are an easy and affordable solution. Specifically, fluorescent to LED retrofit kits are good options when it’s ideal for updating the performance and appearance of fluorescent fixtures without a complete overhaul or a brand-new fixture.
LED Conversion Kits Compatibility Guide
LED retrofit kits are used in conjunction with the existing housing or light fixture bodies of your current lights. Retrofit kits are used
- Fluorescent to LED Conversion Kits: Convert 4 ft. and 8 ft. strip lights, architectural fixtures, troffer, grid mount and drop ceiling lights to LED
- Metal Halide to LED Conversion Kits: Convert High bay, low bay, flood, canopy, and wall pack lights fixtures to LED.
- High-Pressure Sodium to LED Conversion Kits: Convert Street light, parking lot lights, high bay, low bay, flood, canopy, and wall pack lights fixtures to LED.
For both the metal halides and the HPS lighting fixture in most cases, it can be retrofitted with your choice of induction bulbs and drivers, or an LED panel with a high output driver.
Fluorescent to LED Retrofit Kits
When converting fluorescent lights to LED there are choices of T8's, T5's, T5HO's or LED retrofit light bulbs. When retrofitting to the LED T8 Lamps there are 3 choices at this time:
- Lamp or bulb with an internal driver encapsulated in the lamp itself. This option is directly wired to the tombstones and uses no driver to achieve the end result.
- T8 LED with external driver which is mounted like a ballast in old traditional fluorescents.
- Quick change T8 lamps which require no wiring at all and works off the traditional fluorescent ballast as a driver for the LEDs.
With our wide selection of retrofit lighting kits, you can easily make the necessary adjustments to existing lighting. Choose from induction, LED, strip lighting, troffer lighting, and more with our inventory of affordable and reliable solutions. Whether shopping to retrofit fluorescent to LED or change T12 lamps to more efficient T8 lamps, we have you covered with all the essentials and accessories in one convenient place. Many of our retrofit lighting kits come with extended warranties to ensure long-lasting performance and added peace of mind. If you have any questions while shopping with us, our team of lighting experts would be happy to assist you in finding the right lighting solution for your location and exact lighting needs. Get started on updating your project today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Retrofitting vs New Fixtures
At Warehouse Lighting, our experts are available to answer your questions about LED retrofit light kits. Whether you are converting an incandescent or fluorescent light fixture to LED or looking for the best metal halide LED replacement options, you can easily find retrofit kits and LED light bulbs for your indoor or outdoor lighting applications.
Why do you need a retrofit LED kit? Converting old light fixtures or upgrading to LED light bulbs will not only reduce energy costs, but also provide more options such as sensors and lighting controls which help improve the safety and security around your industrial, commercial, or residential property.
What are LED Retrofit Kits?
The process of retrofitting is adding new technology and features to an existing light fixture. For lighting fixtures, retrofit kits consist of hardware and parts that, when installed, increase the efficiency and performance of existing light fixtures. Using LED retrofit kits allow you to upgrade to the benefits of LED lighting without replacing all your lighting fixtures. Due to the simplicity of some of the retrofit kits, upgrading can be as simple as changing a bulb. LED conversion kits exist for these common scenarios:
- Fluorescent to LED Retrofits
- Metal Halide to LED Conversions
- Incandescent to LED Retros
- Replace old can lights with LED Retrofits
- High Pressure Sodium to LED Kits
Here are some examples of retrofit kits:
What are the different types of LED Retrofit Kits?
Typical Lighting Fixtures that are converted to LED are:
- 100 Watt LED Retrofit Bulbs
- Troffer Lights
- High Bay Lighting
- Low Bay Lighting
- Strip Lights
- Recessed Lighting
- Wall Pack Lights
- Canopy Lights
- Post Top Lights
- Street Lights
- Emergency & Exit Sign Lights
Here are some applications of retrofit kits that are used to convert light fixtures to LED:
- Ballast Compatible Tubes
- Ballast Bypass Tubes
- Flat Panel Kits
- Wall Pack Retrofit Kits
- Corn Lights
- High Bay Bulbs
- Paddle Bulbs
- Recessed Lighting
- Magnetic Kits
- LED to HID Retrofit Kits
- Fluorescent Retrofit Kits
- Parking Lot Light Retrofits