Updating lighting is essential to keeping up with the times in both appearance and performance. When looking for a way to change out older, non-energy efficient light fixtures into an energy conserving LED, induction, T8, or T5HO fluorescent, the use of retrofits or retrofit lighting kits are an easy and affordable solution. These options are ideal for updating the performance and appearance of the fixture without a complete overhaul or a brand-new fixture.
These retrofit lighting kits are used in conjunction with the existing housing or light fixture bodies of your current lights. Some lighting products to get away from in terms of poorer performance would be:
- Metal Halides in fixtures as high bay, low bay, flood, canopy, and wall pack lights.
- High-pressure sodium in the same type of lighting fixtures as the metal halides.
- T12 lighting fixtures in 4 ft. and 8 ft. strip lights, architectural fixtures, troffer or grid mount lights to name a few (which in some cases are even banned by the Department of Energy due to their lack of energy efficiency and impact on the environment).
For both the metal halides and the HPS lighting fixture in most cases, it can be retrofitted with your choice of induction bulbs and drivers, or an LED panel with a high output driver. In the cases of fluorescent T12's there are choices of T8's, T5's, T5HO's or LED retrofit light bulbs. When retrofitting to the LED T8 Lamps there are 3 choices at this time:
- Lamp or bulb with an internal driver encapsulated in the lamp itself. This option is directly wired to the tombstones and uses no driver to achieve the end result.
- T8 LED with external driver which is mounted like a ballast in old traditional fluorescents.
- Quick change T8 lamps which require no wiring at all and works off the traditional fluorescent ballast as a driver for the LEDs.
With our wide selection of retrofit lighting kits, you can easily make the necessary adjustments to existing lighting. Choose from induction, LED, strip lighting, troffer lighting, and more with our inventory of affordable and reliable solutions. Whether shopping to change fluorescents to LED or change T12 lamps to more efficient T8 lamps, we have you covered with all the essentials and accessories in one convenient place. Many of our retrofit lighting kits come with extended warranties to ensure long-lasting performance and added peace of mind. If you have any questions while shopping with us, our team of lighting experts would be happy to assist you in finding the right lighting solution for your location and exact lighting needs. Get started on updating your project today!