WattStopper��_s low profile DT-355 dual technology occupancy sensor combines the benefits of passive infrared (PIR) and ultrasonic technologies. The sensor mounts on the ceiling with a flat, unobtrusive appearance and provides 360 degrees of coverage.
The DT-355 is line voltage and operates at 120, 277 or 347 VAC. The sensor turns lighting on when both PIR and ultrasonic technologies detect occupancy. PIR technology senses the difference between infrared energy from a human body in motion and the background space. Ultrasonic technology uses high frequency (40KHz) ultrasound to sense motion within the space. Once lighting is on, detection by either technology holds lighting on. When no occupancy is detected for the length of the time delay, lighting turns off. The DT-355 can also be set so that only one technology is needed to trigger or both technologies are needed to hold lighting on.
The DT-355 requires no adjustment at installation. Auto set continuously monitors the controlled space to identify usage patterns. Using this information, it automatically adjusts the time delay and sensitivity settings for optimal performance and energy efficiency. The sensor assigns short delays (as low as 5 minutes) for times when the space is usually vacant, and longer delays (up to 30 minutes) for busier times.
WattStopper��_s patented dual technology has the flexibility to work in a variety of applications, where one technology alone could encounter false triggers. Ideal applications include classrooms, open office spaces, large offices, and computer rooms. In addition, because the DT-355 can be mounted onto a variety of junction boxes, the sensor has the flexibility to be used in a wide range of spaces. The sensors eliminate the need for a power pack by using line voltage wiring.Features
- Advanced control logic based on RISC microcontroller provides: Detection Signature Processing eliminates false triggers and provides immunity to RFI and EMI. Walk-through mode turns lights off 3 minutes after the area is initially occupied ��_ ideal for brief visits such as mail delivery. Built-in light level sensor featuring simple, one-step setup.
- Ultrasonic diffusion technology spreads coverage to a wider area (patent pending)
- DIP switch simplifies sensor adjustments
- LEDs indicate occupancy detection
- Uses existing line voltage wiring and doesn��_t require a power pack
- Six occupancy logic options give users the ability to customize control to meet application needs
- Qualifies for ARRA-funded public works projects