There is no denying the impact the right lighting can have on a space. It can completely transform a location and make it practical as well as stylish and inviting. When it comes to your garage, while function certainly takes priority over ambiance, there are still ways to create a space that is perfect for your every need. Here are a few tips to help you find lighting that is perfect for home garage lighting applications. The basic areas to focus your attention will be easy enough to break down. They are general, workspace, and storage.
General Garage Lighting
- This type of lighting should be bright, but it can be less directed and more on the diffused side to avoid glare and harshness. It is a good idea to calculate your lumens based on the square feet of the garage to find the output you will need in terms of illumination.
- In the debate between LED and fluorescent fixtures, there are factors to consider for both. For example, with LED bulbs, you get outstanding lumen output, longevity, and lower operating temperatures, but they are costlier initially than fluorescent. In contrast, fluorescent is more affordable up front but doesn’t last as long. However, fluorescent are still an effective way to get powerful illumination perfect for your home garage lighting applications.
- Use instant starts ballasts. This will do several things for your lighting. It will eliminate wait times for fixtures to kick on while protecting and extending the life of the fixture. It will also help prevent issues with the driver as well as give your fixture improved power abilities.
Work Space Lighting
- If you have dedicated areas in your garage for work spaces, it is important to find lighting that is more focused and direct than your general lighting. Find task lighting that offers direct illumination in a concentrated scope. This will help with task visibility.
- Consider the use of under cabinet rope lighting. This is a great way to add some extra visibility with overpowering the space. It can run along the underside of your cabinets or along drawers. It is a versatile lighting solution that adds some extra illumination where you need it.
- When looking for ways to illuminate your storage, rope lighting is a great choice. If you have shelves, you can run it along the shelving to help improve visibility. There are even battery operated rope LED lights that are perfect for installing inside a cabinet to allow you to clearly see the items you are storing with ease.
- Consider motion sensors activated lighting. For this area of your garage, you most likely want won’t spend as much time there as you will in the workspace or the general lighting area. With motion sensor activated lights, you get illumination only when you absolutely need it. It is also nice to not have to turn on a switch when you are carrying items to the storage space.
Front Porch Lighting
Your home is a reflection of you. With this in mind, we all try to keep our homes looking their best. For an easy way to up the curb appeal of your house, updating the front porch lighting may be t...Read Article
Outdoor Patio Lighting
An outdoor living space should be functional and enjoyable in equal measure. When it comes to designing this space, the lighting plays a crucial role in both atmosphere and visibility. With the rig...Read Article
With these tips on creating safe and serene hotel pool lighting, get the best of function and visual appeal. Find out how to choose the right solution.Read Article
Industrial Strip Retro Kit Options
When it comes to ensuring proper illumination and energy efficient fixtures, newer technology is often better than the older models. With our industrial strip retro kit options, you don’t ...Watch Video
Retro a Fluorescent Strip Fixture to LED
When it comes to saving energy and money with your lighting solutions, LED technology is the way to go. If you already have fixtures in place that you are looking to convert for energy-savings, ...Watch Video
Industrial T5 & T8 Strip Lighting Options
While industrial lighting was once thought of as either big, bulky fixtures that offered a smaller scope of illumination or as a lighting solution that was almost overpowering for the loca...Watch Video