Finding the right lighting depends on several important factors. One of the more crucial factors in lighting is the ceiling height. If you have a ceiling that is classified as low rather than high, you need solutions designed for this exact ceiling type to ensure the best results. With our selection of LED low bay lights, get the right choice for your ceiling height while getting the latest in lamp technology.
Aside from the matter of ceiling height, there are several reasons to consider adding these particular fixtures to your location. For starters, LED is one of the highest performing lamps on the market today. With a higher lumen output coupled with a lower energy consumed in terms of wattages of other models, it makes sense to go with LED for any location where you will run lights on a regular basis. This type of lamp also offers a better return on your initial investment because the lamps will last for years of reliable use before requiring replacements.
We offer several options for adding LED low bay lights to your location. With top-rated brands such as ATG Electronics, Morris, and more, rest assured that every option is made with high standards in key areas of performance, longevity, and durability. These LED low bay lights are available in voltages of 110-277, as well as wattages of 50W, 60W, 90, and 100W to meet your needs with ease. Designed to replace older, outdated fixture types, these LED low bay lights replace higher wattages of metal halide and high-intensity discharge fixtures to give you a better return on utility costs over time. Choose from a range of color temperatures and color rendering indexes with these smart solutions to get the exact results your space needs for success. Add these reliable solutions to your location today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Low Bay lights?
Low Bay lights are used to light areas with lower ceilings 12 - 20 feet above the floor. A low bay light is usually defined as a light intended for use in a ceiling under 20 feet in height from the floor. Low bay lighting options have diffusers at the bottom of the fixtures. These diffuse the light, cutting down on the harsh reflections that lower ceilings can cause. The result is a more natural, pleasing light in rooms with low ceilings, whether at work, at home or play.
Where are Low Bay Lights used?
A low bay ceiling is the most common type of ceiling commonly seen in homes, most retail businesses, and public buildings. LED low-bay lighting is ideal for small warehouses, shops, garages or work areas. High Performance LED low bay fixtures typically replace 175 watts to 400 watts HID / metal halide. The applications for this technology are endless, and they are the perfect option for any tight space. They are usually used in lower ceilings where ample light is required. Low bay LED lighting is designed to reduce glare on lower ceiling bays while still delivering high light levels. Here are some examples of where low lights can be used:
What are the different types of Low Bay Lights?
Low Bay Lights are available in several types of fixtures such as troffer-style in T5 and T8 fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent or CFL options, and more. There are also LED retrofit kits which allow you to take an existing low bay and outfit with the latest in LED technology for an updated lighting fixture. As you search for low bay lights, you'll find standard and round low bays, in different color temperatures, with either aluminum or prismatic reflectors. When looking for a new fixture without the effort of retrofitting, there are also LED low bay fixtures.
What are the benefits of LED Low Bay Lights?
Low Bay LED lighting technology has developed to the point that it can overcome most all of the drawbacks of other technologies.
- LED Low Bay Lighting quality is superior in terms of color rendering, color temperature and lumen output (compared to wattage used).
- They have a much longer lifespan which means that the lights need to be replaced less frequently than other types. LED lamps can last for up to 50,000 hours which is an incredible value and means less time changing lamps out over the years. This is particularly important when it comes to high bay lighting which requires lifts or scaffolding to reach the fixtures.
- Although LED lighting is more expensive initially upon point of purchase, costs are more than made up in the long term due to the fact that they consume much less energy than conventional lights. This saves on utility costs over time. They also don't waste energy emitted as heat.
- An LED solution is especially ideal for low bay ceilings over other lamp types because LEDs operate at no heat loss. Other lamps will have either a little or a lot of heat loss during operation by way of their inefficiency which may impact the internal elements of the fixture and add unwanted warmth in temperature to the space.
- LED offers the best performance over time for several reasons. LED technology is designed to consume fewer watts while producing a higher lumen output than comparative models on the market. This means a better return on the investment and a lowered utility bill.
- There is a range of voltages and wattages available in our selection, so you can find the right solution. When adding LED lamps to a location, these two factors are often the most crucial to consider.
If you have any questions while shopping with us, please contact one of our knowledgeable lighting specialists for assistance. We are always happy to assist you in any way!