Lighting can make or break a station. If the lighting isn’t bright and pleasing to customers, they may drive past your location to your competition. When it comes to finding the right gas station canopy lighting applications, here are a few tips that might help you make the right choice for your business.
- Choose the highest lumen output in a solution. While this may seem obvious, some business owners will choose the more cost-effective up front, such as induction lighting, instead of choosing the one that costs more up front but gives higher lumen output. You want a lighting product that will make your canopy noticeable and inviting from the highway so invest wisely in this area of your business.
- White lighting is better than yellow. While yellow light was once the norm thanks to sodium lamps, a white light is more appealing. It is easier on the eyes, creates fewer shadows, and makes the area look safer. Yellow light tends to give an off-putting, dingy vibe that customers will try to avoid.
- Opt for flush mounted solutions. While gas station canopy lighting was once offered primarily in suspension mounted fixtures, there are more options than before. With a flush mount, you can create a streamlined look that is pleasing to customers while also helping to eliminate harsh shadows and glare.
- LED can save you money in the long run. They offer the best lumen output per watt of energy consumed. They are also long lasting in terms of bulbs. Many options last for upwards of 100,000 hours which is a great solution for an area that constantly has lights running.
- Install timers. Timers are a wise choice for gas station lighting, especially for locations that are open late or 24-hour locations. When the sun comes up and the need for artificial lighting is reduced, having timers ensures that you will never run lights when you don’t need them. All too often an employee will forget to turn the lights off as needed, but timers completely eliminate this problem.
- Consider a retrofit. If you are not opening a new location, but are looking to update to something more efficient, there are many retrofit kits available. It has never been easier to take a fluorescent fixture and convert it to energy-saving LED technology.
The bottom line is to find the right lighting it needs to meet the expectations of your customers and your expectations for a budget-friendly investment worth every penny. With these considerations in mind, and a little patience, you are sure to find a suitable lighting solution for your business.You May Also Be Interested in These Articles...
Gas Station Lighting
From the canopy to the inside of the store, we cover all the basics of gas station lighting and suggest a few fixture types for the job. Read on for more!Read Article
Auto Body Shop Lighting
When choosing lighting, the location will always determine the right solution. When it comes to body shop lighting applications, here are a few tips to ensure you get the best option for this area ...Read Article
Auto Repair Center Lighting
When it comes to lighting for your auto repair center location, you want options that will increase visibility and productivity while still being cost-efficient. Since auto repair center lighting h...Read Article
Square LED Canopy Light Fixture
Lighting is one of the most important elements of a location. Without proper illumination, an area can seem unsafe and downright uninviting. With our LED canopy lighting fixture, eliminate this ...Watch Video
LED Round Canopy Lights
Watch our LED Round Canopy Lights Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or t...Watch Video