When it comes to lighting for your auto repair center location, you want options that will increase visibility and productivity while still being cost-efficient. Since auto repair center lighting has to meet a variety of specific needs, here are a few tips on selecting the right auto repair center lighting applications for your needs.
When choosing auto repair center lighting applications, the first thing to look at is efficiency. You are running a business after all, and choosing lighting solutions that are not cost effective would just be bad business. Here are a few tips for choosing efficient lighting.
- Look at lumen output versus wattage. This will tell you how much energy is needed to create the illumination specified by the light source. The goal here is to choose something that doesn't use a lot of energy (low wattage) while producing the high light output (high lumens) you desire so that you get powerful illumination output while consuming less energy.
- If you find a light source that offers higher lumen outputs, don’t automatically assume that is the best option. If it requires more wattage, it is not the most efficient option.
- Stay away from fluorescents. While they were once the standard choice for all types of lighting, the lighting industry has advanced beyond the primitive capability and shorter life span of fluorescents. For example, LED or induction lighting would be a much better choice in terms of performance and longevity than compact fluorescents.
- Choose quality over price! Initial costs for lighting your auto repair center will be a factor for any location, but when you buy cheap products, you get cheap results. It is better to invest more upfront and get a long-lasting lighting solution that meets your needs than to pay more in the long run on replacements and repairs.
2. Consider Durability
Durability is the second biggest factor when choosing lighting for your auto repair center. When we say durability, it means a few things.
- Damage Resistant. When working in an auto repair center, accidents are bound to happen. You want to choose lighting solutions that are more or less impact resistant, waterproof, dustproof, and shatter proof. A good way to determine this is to look for the NEMA or IP rating to make sure it meets your needs. You can also check if a fixture is UL listed wet or damp for added protection.
- Longevity. This factor is determined by how long the fixture will last and how long the bulbs last before needing to be replaced or repaired. A few good materials or options to choose for a longer-lasting product would be polycarbonate coverings, LED bulbs, and die cast steel or aluminum housings. Remember, choose quality over convenience or cost for a longer lasting solution. LED’s are also better in terms of maintenance because they will need fewer repairs than other options since they don’t have filaments or electrodes.
3. Different Lighting Areas, Different Lights
- You should also consider the area when choosing the lighting solution. For instance, work areas will need lighting that is brighter than your client waiting area. If you have work bays open to the elements, you have to get lights that can handle being exposed to outdoor elements.
The most essential thing about finding the right lighting is to take your time and consider all your options. If you make sure you place a high premium on durability and efficiency, as well as choosing appropriate lights for your area, you will find the right choice for your location.You May Also Like...
'Blade' 8FT LED Strip, 65 watt, 8320 Lumens, 120-277V, 4000K or 5000K, Comparable to 2 8ft T12 or 4 4ft T8 Lamp Fixtures
Shop energy efficient LED strip lights at Warehouse Lighting today. Our team experts can help you select from 2, 4, and 8 feet lengths of LED strip lights that can be easily mounted in your workshop, barn, warehouse, and other industrial and commercial settings. Order your LED strip lighting fixtures online at Warehouse-Lighting.com today!View (72) Products
Warehouse Lighting offers LED tube ready strip lights for sale online. Select from tube ready LED light fixtures in a range of sizes, lengths from 2 feet, 4 feet, and 8 feet as well as multiple lamp and lumen options so that you have the ability to switch to LED fixtures with ease. Browse our selection of industrial strip light fixtures and tube ready lights at Warehouse Lighting today.View (19) Products
Replace your fluorescent light with a 8-foot LED retrofit conversion kit from Warehouse Lighting. Our recessed lighting retrofit kits allow you to update your 8ft fluorescent fixture to an LED light with ease. Shop 8 foot LED Shop Light conversion kits today!View (26) Products
Auto Body Shop Lighting
When choosing lighting, the location will always determine the right solution. When it comes to body shop lighting applications, here are a few tips to ensure you get the best option for this area ...Read Article
Gas Station Canopy Lighting
Lighting can make or break a station. If the lighting isn’t bright and pleasing to customers, they may drive past your location to your competition. When it comes to finding the right gas station c...Read Article
Gas Station Lighting
From the canopy to the inside of the store, we cover all the basics of gas station lighting and suggest a few fixture types for the job. Read on for more!Read Article
Industrial Strip Retro Kit Options
When it comes to ensuring proper illumination and energy efficient fixtures, newer technology is often better than the older models. With our industrial strip retro kit options, you don’t ...Watch Video
Retro a Fluorescent Strip Fixture to LED
When it comes to saving energy and money with your lighting solutions, LED technology is the way to go. If you already have fixtures in place that you are looking to convert for energy-savings, ...Watch Video
Industrial T5 & T8 Strip Lighting Options
While industrial lighting was once thought of as either big, bulky fixtures that offered a smaller scope of illumination or as a lighting solution that was almost overpowering for the loca...Watch Video