When designing the lighting for a cabin, there are a few elements that make this location unique. While any type of home lighting needs to meet certain standards such as comfort, efficiency, and longevity, cabin lighting has special conditions. Here are a few tips for maintaining your cabin lighting for both style and efficiency.
- Pay attention to your wood elements. When it comes to lighting, many people forget to consider their wall color. This factor is especially important in choosing the right cabin lighting. The darker the wall, the more light may be needed whereas the whiter the wall, the more you want to stay away from overly bright lights. Since many cabins use wood tones, whether light or dark wood tones, choosing warmer temperatures might be a smart choice.
- Invest in track lighting. When you have a cabin with a lot of areas to highlight, track lighting is the perfect solution. It allows you to have several lamps that can be adjusted to showcase different areas. If you install a double track lighting fixture, you can have lights highlight one side, like the kitchen, while the other side highlights the living room. This is a great way to save on space. It is also ideal for cabins since they tend to stay away from recessed lighting in general.
- Ambient light can add more warmth. Lighting doesn’t always have to be about increasing visibility. The use of softer lights in warmer temperatures with lower lumen outputs can be a great way to create accent lighting that is inviting and relaxing.
- Up light fixtures are a must-have. Fixtures that only cast light down to the floor aren’t as pleasing in a cabin as a little up light carefully placed throughout. If you have decorative items you want to draw attention to, or beautiful exposed beams to highlight on the ceiling, up light naturally draws attention there without being overly harsh or distracting.
- Mix and match lighting solutions. The option of using one type of lighting throughout any home has become dated. Consider using a variety of lighting sources such as a combination of track lighting, chandelier style lights, and wall mounts, to create a pleasing effect.
- Install dimmers and timers. A cabin home is usually for those seeking a lifestyle rich in nature and a slower pace. A great way to emulate the natural movement of the sun throughout the day is with light fixtures that change light levels as the day progress. Dimmers will allow you to create comfortable levels automatically that mimic natural light.
4 Inch LED Cusp Disk Light, Surface Mount, 10 Watt, 120V, 650 Lumens, CCT Selectable 3000K/4000K/5000K, Finish: White/Bronze/Brushed Nickel
7543502EN3-962, Two Light Ceiling Flush Mount , Clip Ceiling Flush Mount Collection
LED Track Head, 11.5 Watt, 120 Volt, 1050 Lumens, 2700K, 3000K or 4000K, White Finish
Shop our line of ceiling light fixtures. Discover overhead lighting inspirations with our collection of ceiling lights including flush, semi-flush, hanging, and pendant lights. Buy ceiling light fixtures from the trusted online retailer Warehouse Lighting.View (1297) Products
Shop the collection of track lighting here at Warehouse Lighting. Our track lighting kits are the perfect option for a flexible lighting source that will allow you to light your space however you'd like. LED track lighting kits are designed to be minimalistic, making them easy to install. Order your track lighting online today!View (25) Products
When designing the lighting for a cabin, there are a few elements that make this location unique. While any type of home lighting needs to meet certain standards such as comfort, efficiency, and lo...Read Article
Every location has unique needs when it comes to the right lighting plan. When planning church lighting, it may seem like an overwhelming task with many facets to consider. From the stage to the pe...Read Article
We break down how to make the most of cathedral lighting for your unique location. From placement to fixture type, find out all the basics.Read Article