Lighting can become a costly endeavor for most businesses. For locations including coolers as part of their storage solution, there are a few key elements to finding the perfect option. This is an area of lighting that must meet certain requirements. Here are a few tips on choosing the right cooler lighting applications for your needs.
- Opt for LED in larger units. A larger unit will pull more energy naturally than a smaller unit. LED lights offer higher lumen outputs per watt so they are ideal for larger units to help save on energy costs. A more affordable option like a fluorescent bulb may still be ideal for smaller units, but make sure it is suitable for damp locations.
- Choose fixtures that are wet listed and sealed. Coolers will naturally have condensation which can wreak havoc on your lighting solution. If you are constantly replacing bulbs or even fixtures due to damage, you are throwing money away. There are a ton of lighting solutions that can be used in wet or damp locations. You can also check the NEMA and IP rating to make sure the fixtures you choose are ideal for that area.
- Placement matters. Lights should be placed so they highlight the product. You want to light products from the front and top as opposed to the back and bottom. When lights are projected onto an item, they will inevitably create shadows. The goal is to push the shadows towards the back of the display unit by casting the most light upfront on the actual products.
- Light the width of your display cooler fully. If you have a display cooler and the light overhead only runs part of the actual width, you end up with edges that are shadowy. This may impact the products located on the sides of the shelves in a negative manner. Make sure you choose lighting that covers as much of the measured width as possible.
- Consider the use of lighting guards. From aluminum cages to unbreakable covers made of polycarbonate, protecting your lighting investment is always a good idea. Consider the use of vapor tight lighting in larger coolers, such as walk-ins, and shatter proof covers in smaller units to help extend the life of the lighting solution.
When choosing the right cooler lighting applications, the main focus in on durability and performance. With lighting designed to handle damp locations that is properly placed, you can successfully illuminate these important areas of your business!
You May Also Like...
Other People Have Considered These Products...
Looking to change your refrigeration and cooler lighting to LED? We have the install lighting kits to make this happen. DLC an UL compliant for rebate and longevity, these kits are easy to install and last a very, very long time. Big discounts and FREE shipping on qualified purchases.View (9) Products
You May Also Be Interested in These Articles...
Freezer & Cooler Lighting Tips
There are many types of lighting. When it comes to lighting areas that require special specifications or products, it is important to choose the right option to avoid any future issues. One such ar...Read Article
As a restaurant owner, finding the right lights for your business may seem overwhelming. When it comes to getting the right solutions in terms of fixtures and placement, it is important to know the...Read Article
From the area behind the bar to where the patrons sit, there are a few aspects to bar lighting. Read on for tips to improve this area!Read Article
Consider Watching These Videos as Well...
Square LED Canopy Light Fixture
Lighting is one of the most important elements of a location. Without proper illumination, an area can seem unsafe and downright uninviting. With our LED canopy lighting fixture, eliminate this ...Watch Video
LED Round Canopy Lights
Watch our LED Round Canopy Lights Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or t...Watch Video