A yoga studio is more than a place. It is a state of mind for the patrons that show up there for their weekly session of relaxation and centering for another busy week ahead. When planning yoga studio lighting, there are a few special considerations to keep in mind. With these tips on creating an inviting space, get the best yoga studio lighting for your patrons.
- Use lighting that sets a tone. When designing lighting, it is important to understand the tone you want to set. Yoga studios should employ ambient lighting instead of overly bright solutions. There are several reasons to consider lighting that is gentle on the eyes. A yoga studio is about helping visitors achieve a tranquil state of mind. The softer the lighting, the more relaxed patrons will be.
- Use as much natural light as possible. While atmosphere is easily created by lighting and it matters for every location, the atmosphere is especially important in a yoga studio. Since natural light has several unique benefits such as helping to improve moods and aid concentration, it should be an element of any lighting plan for a yoga studio. If there are large windows in the space, don’t cover them up. Use that light to the advantage of the studio by having the warm and natural tones of sunlight in the mornings and late afternoons. Just make sure to install blinds that will allow you to block out the sun when it is too bright.
- Choose lighting that mimics natural light. If natural lighting is not the best option due to privacy concerns or not being a part of the space already, there are several lighting solutions that can help to mimic the same output of natural light. For example, LED lights in a cooler temperature may be too bright for this type of location. It would be better to choose fluorescent bulbs that offer a warmer, more yellow output that more closely mimics natural light during the later afternoon hours.
- Consider the point of view. When deciding where to place lighting solutions, pay attention to the point of view of patrons. If patrons will be on the floor and looking up when performing poses, consider light fixtures that provide more uplight than downlight. Also, be aware of the direction of the beam since light can bounce off studio mirrors and into the eyes of patrons. The best bet is to install diffusers to your fixtures to help soften the light overall.
- Opt for dimmable light sources for more control over the atmosphere. With dimmable lights, there is more control over the lighting levels which is great for a yoga studio. This is great for those times when dimming the light to lower levels can aid in relaxation and offset the natural lighting pouring into the space. It also allows for greater brightness when needed such as during cleaning tasks.
You May Also Like...
2 x 4 Foot 42 Watt LED ECO-T Recessed Troffer w/Prismatic Diffuser, 120-277V
1 x 4 Foot 2 Lamp 32 Watt T8 Surface Mount Troffer, No Reflector, 120-277 Universal
Other People Have Considered These Products...
Fluorescent troffer and drop ceiling lighting in all sizes, including 1 x 4, 2 x 2, and 2 x 4. We offer premium recessed lights with long warranties and variety of designs and styles at competitive pricing. Big discounts and FREE shipping on qualified purchases.View (14) Products
You May Also Be Interested in These Articles...
Dance Studio Lighting Part 2
Every location has lighting needs unique to the location. When it comes to dance studio lighting, there are special considerations to keep in mind. Here are a few tips on choosing the best dance...Read Article
When planning lighting for a gym setting, there are a lot of options in terms of function and style. In addition to all the choices available on the market, a gym also has several different areas a...Read Article
Karate Dojo Lighting
When it comes to karate dojo lighting, there are a few ways to save money while providing students with illumination. Find out more!Read Article
Consider Watching These Videos as Well...
Suspended Linear LED Lights
Watch our Suspended Linear LED Lights Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation ...Watch Video
Center Basket Troffer
Finding the right lighting solution can be difficult. With our center basket troffer, get the performance you deserve with a fixture that looks great at the same time.Watch Video
LCD LED Center Basket Troffer
Lighting is an important aspect of any setting. When it comes to finding an LED option perfect for your retail or office location, our LCD LED center basket troffer is a great option.Watch Video