When it comes to LED workshop lights, there are high bay, low bay, recessed, strip lights, drop ceiling, LED panels…and the list goes on. Given the many types of commercial LED lighting, choosing the best LED shop lights for your workspace is crucial. At Warehouse-Lighting.com, we know how confusing it can be, and we're here to help.
We'll dig right in and talk about the different types of LED workshop lights and where each type is best suited for duty. Discover the highs and lows of bay lighting and other commercial LED shop lights. We've also included some LED shop light reviews to help you determine which fixtures will work best for your space. For those who are new to buying light fixtures, we've defined basic lighting terms to help you become an expert in no time. Then, whatever your level of expertise, we'll show how Warehouse-Lighting.com can help by providing the best LED shop lights on the market.
Featured Collections: Best LED Shop Lights
Reviewing the Best LED Shop Light Fixtures for Every Workspace
The best LED shop light fixtures are both brilliant and efficient. Each type of fixture has been engineered for a specific use. For anyone who's looking for the best LED shop light, first consider the size of the space you're trying to illuminate. Do you need to light up an entire warehouse or a small workshop? How high are your ceilings? Does your workshop LED lighting need to include any special features? Let's go through each option so you can determine which are the best LED industrial shop lights to meet your needs.
The Best LED High Bay Shop Lights for Warehouses & Factories
High bay lights are designed to illuminate large spaces with high ceilings. If your ceiling is 20-40 feet in height, high bay shop lights are what you need. You'll see the best LED high bay shop lights in commercial buildings, such as:
- Indoor Sports Facilities
- Large Retail Stores
“Purchase was easy. Customer Service was good. Lights are GREAT. Good pattern spread and brightness. I put nine in a 42x54x17 shop, and it is very well-lit from wall to wall using the frosted lens to cut down on direct glare. Also went with the optional cords so I could easily unplug them should I want to move them.”
The Best LED High Bay Shop Lights for Warehouses & Factories
If your ceiling is under 20 feet in height from the floor, choosing low bay LED lights is the way to go. You'll find the best LED low bay shop lights in various locations, such as:
- Retail Establishments
- Fabrication Shops
- Storage Units
- Commercial Parking Garages
- Public Buildings
“The lighting is a much-needed upgrade for our power plant. We were able to replace five 150w MH fixtures for two of these. Way brighter and easy to install.”
The Best Workshop LED Lighting for Small Areas
Putting bright light where it's needed for detail work is easy with the help of LED strip lights. They're available in several sizes to meet your specific needs. The best strip shop lights are those that use LED bulbs. Workshop LED lighting is energy-efficient and provides instant light where it's required. If you have outdated fluorescent light fixtures and want to upgrade, you may opt for an LED retrofit conversion kit.
“I purchased 5 of these units to install in a customer's basement. This is a good product, easy to install, they look good and the light is great. I have been happy with all of my Warehouse-Lighting.com purchases. They make/sell quality products.”
Best LED Shop Light Features & Benefits
Once you've decided on the best LED shop light for your building, the next step is determining what features you want. For example, if you just plan to turn your lights on and off manually, it's pretty easy to skip the bells and whistles. On the other hand, if you want your lights to be smarter than that, there are features you may want to consider.
- Safety Back-Up: Adding backup capability to your fixture ensures no one will be left in the dark during a power failure or emergency.
- Dimmer: For adjustable lighting options, make a dimmer one of your must-haves. Using the best dimmable LED shop lights, you can keep the light bright where it's needed most and shift to low light when full illumination is not required.
- Bluetooth: Some of the best LED shop light fixtures have gotten smarter over the last several years, thanks to the addition of a Bluetooth sensor. Using your smartphone, you can program these fixtures to light your space by zone, by motion detected within the area or by daylight harvesting, which turns down the lights where sunlight is plentiful.
The 411 on Commercial LED Shop Lights
If this is your first time buying commercial LED shop lights, you may be unfamiliar with some of the terms. We've covered a few here, but Warehouse-Lighting.com also provides a glossary of lighting terms that you may find helpful.
- Lumens: LED lights are measured in lumens. Lumens per watt (LPW) is the light output per unit of energy used by an LED fixture and indicates the lighting system's effectiveness.
- Recessed Lighting: This type of fixture is installed into the ceiling so you can only see the top of the fixture – the wires are hidden in the ceiling.
- LED Panel Lighting: Flat panel lights come in various sizes to allow for installation in ceiling grids.
- Pendant Lighting: Also known as suspension lighting, this fixture hangs from the ceiling using chains or wires and may use a shade to prevent glare. Pendant fixtures may be used for both general and task lighting.
Partner With Warehouse-Lighting.com for the Best LED Shop Lights
As your full-service lighting expert, Warehouse-Lighting.com will work with you to find the best LED shop lights for your commercial location. We provide several resources in our learning center, and we offer helpful services, like free lighting design and layout assistance, to help guide you to the most effective lighting scheme. For over 16 years, building owners, contractors and homeowners have turned to us for lighting ideas, illuminating solutions and the best shop lights and other LED fixtures available. Shop Warehouse-Lighting.com today!
Related Articles: Best LED Shop Lights
Which shop lights are right for your workspace? Explore the benefits of LED shop lights and the di..
Fabrication shops need reliable lighting sources as part of the everyday routine. It is hard to do the w…
When it comes to lighting, it serves several purposes. The right lighting can help improve visi…