Every location has its own unique lighting needs. When it comes to lighting for mining operations, there are special conditions which make it especially unique. While there are plenty of options on the market tailored to meet the needs of this type of setting, the leading solution is LED. Here are the reasons why LED is the best solution for lighting for mining operations.
- It is low to no heat. Heat is a problem in mines because there are often gases to worry about which when combined with extra levels of heat can be exacerbated into a deadly situation for the workers. While mines can be cold depending on the location, they can also be hot, so a low to no heat solution eliminates added heat which may cause even more discomfort for miners.
- It is flicker free. When doing this type of work, you need a lighting solution that is consistent in its performance. Without proper illumination, you run the risk of slips and falls, as well as occupational hazards of working with drilling equipment. Fluorescent bulbs are known to flicker whereas LED offers consistent illumination that is steady during the entire operation.
- It has the longest lifespan. Most mines need a solution that will last without a lot of upkeep. Since LED lamps can last upwards of 100,000 hours before needing to be relamped, they are a low maintenance option.
- It is the most efficient option. While other lighting solutions use a lot of energy to create just as much or more heat than illumination, LED converts all of its energy to illumination with no heat loss. It also produces more lumen for the wattage consumed making it energy efficient.
- It is free of harmful metals. While fluorescent lamps have mercury in them, LED is free of any harmful components for one less thing to worry about.
- It is durable. Not only are LED long lasting and high performing, they are usually more durable. They are available in wet listed, dustproof, and shatterproof models which are ideal for this type of environment.
- There is no warm-up time. This is even more important for this type of area where a lack of illumination can lead to deadly accidents. LED starts up instantly thanks to the high performing ballast solution found in most models. This means you never have to wait for the light to hit full performance levels like other solutions. As soon as you turn it on, you have bright, consistent illumination powerful enough for this type of location.
You May Also Like...
Other People Have Considered These Products...
When looking for a reliable solution for outdoor lighting with a range of possible applications, shoebox style lights are the perfect answer. These powerful LED shoebox flood lights can be used for your outdoor application needs such as providing illumination to parking lots, streets, highways, and other important areas.View (25) Products
You May Also Be Interested in These Articles...
Construction Site Lighting
When choosing the best lighting for construction sites, the type of light is only one factor. Find out what else to look for this area.Read Article
Gun Range Lighting
Every location has its own lighting requirements. A gun rage is a location where lighting is absolutely critical. Each area of the range has different needs in terms of illumination solutions. Here...Read Article
Every location has unique needs in terms of lighting design. When it comes to airport lighting design, this is a location that has changed over time. While airport interiors were once just about fu...Read Article
Consider Watching These Videos as Well...
LED Flood Lights
Watch our LED Flood Lights Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or the retr...Watch Video
LED Shoebox Lights
Watch our LED Shoebox Light Product Review video. Our videos will educate you so that you can confidently purchase and install LED light fixtures, whether they are for a new installation or the ...Watch Video
Cobra Head Street Lights
Our Cobra head lighting fixtures are sturdy, high-performing, and long lasting. Find out more about these reliable models!Watch Video